Household Hazardous Waste

Drug & Laboratory Disposal, Inc.

331 Broad Street
Plainwell, MI 49080
(800) 685-9824
(269) 685-1130 Fax

They accept household waste drop offs from residents only on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 8am and 1:30pm. If they are residents of Plainwell or Gun Plain Township the service is free. Everyone else is charged $1.00/lb, payment due at the time of drop-off. Appointment times are certainly not required but encourage people to call in advance,especially if they’re anticipating large loads.


Latex paint (only) can be disposed of in your regular trash, however, you must fill the can(s) with kitty litter and the tops must be left off or they will not be accepted.

Another option is to take your old water-based paint to a West Michigan manufacturer, RepcoLite Paints Inc. of Holland. Please click the link to see what they offer as a solution to the problem. Their stores will give a $1 coupon for each gallon can a customer brings to the store for the purchase of re-coat paint. The company does not recycle oil-based paints or water-based paints that have turned lumpy, smell or have become solid.


Electronics (TVs and Computers)

Michigan Goodwill Stores now accept all computer equipment, usable or not, free of charge. Contact individual outlets for more information.

Another place that accepts computers and other electronics is Black River Recycling, 11531 Chicago Drive (a division of Padnos) located between Holland and Zeeland on Chicago Drive. Please check their website for services and hours.

What happens to many of our old computers and other electronics when they are not recycled? It's shocking.


Used Motor Oil

Don't dump it! Recycle it!
You can take your used motor oil to: (call to check their hours)

Fennville Tire Center, 200 W. Main, Fennville (269) 561-2164
Auto Zone, 420 Western Ave., Allegan (269) 686-7877

IMPORTANT: Don't mix other wastes with used oil. Such mixtures can create hazards and make recycling more difficult.

Old Used Tires (without rims),4561,7-135-3312_4122-182826--,00.html


Burn Permit -269-686-5222






Last Update: April 19, 2017 1:48 PM - ©Valley Township, Allegan County, Michigan, USA